We have a zero tolerance for Unsolicited Broadcast
Email and Unsolicited Commercial Email ("UBE/UCE", commonly known
as "Spam") whether originating from customers, from customers' customers,
or from customers that provide services which are used to support
UBE/UCE is defined as "unsolicited broadcast or commercial
email that is sent to addresses that do not affirmatively and verifiably
request such material from that specific sender, including but not
limited to advertising, surveys, information pieces, third party spamming,
website addresses, sales, and auctions. "
(1) goldcoastwebdesign's customers, and customers of goldcoastwebdesign customers
or any downstream customers, are prohibited from sending and shall
not allow their connection to goldcoastwebdesign to be used for sending UBE/UCE.
Mail senders are required to maintain records that verify, on a case
by case basis, that explicit affirmative permission was obtained from
recipients before mailing. Lack of such records can be considered,
at goldcoastwebdesign's sole discretion, proof that permission was not obtained.
(2) goldcoastwebdesign customers are responsible for ensuring that they, their customers,
and their respective agents and contractors abide by this policy.
goldcoastwebdesign's customers will be held responsible for all traffic either sent
via their connection to goldcoastwebdesign or sent elsewhere using support services
provided via their connection to goldcoastwebdesign. "Support services" includes
hosting websites, electronic mailboxes, telephony gateways, IRC servers,
sale of spamming software or other similar services. Customers are
also responsible for ensuring that they do not advertise or promote
themselves through UBE/UCE.
(3) goldcoastwebdesign may charge customer and customer shall pay $1000.00 per valid
UBE/UCE complaint of which goldcoastwebdesign is notified.
(4) If goldcoastwebdesign receives a complaint, it will be forwarded to customer
for a response and complete resolution. The customer is responsible
for all UBE/UCE that passes through its web interface.
(5) goldcoastwebdesign also reserves the right to block traffic to and from the IP
address(es) involved in hacking, and/or port scanning.
(6) Customers whose connection to goldcoastwebdesign is used to provide services
to support UBE/UCE are subject to suspension of services upon two
(2) hours' notification.
(7) If you run a mailserver, you must maintain a mailbox and read
mail to postmaster@(your domain).
Terms of Compliance
(1) You must provide us with contact information for
us to notify you regarding compliance with these provisions. E-mail
and phones/cell phones are best, but we will attempt contact via pager
(2) You must educate your customers about our policy regarding UBE/UCE
to ensure compliance.
(3) You must promptly investigate and satisfactorily deal with any
UBE/UCE complaints forwarded to you.
(4) When using a mailing list, you must confirm that the recipients
on the mailing lists have requested or otherwise affirmatively accepted
receipt of any materials to be sent by you, and provide proof of confirmation
of such use.
Why this Policy?
Unlike senders of traditional "junk mail" who are required
to pay for envelopes, materials and postage, senders of UBE/UCE can,
given the nature of the Internet, impose enormous costs on the recipients
of their messages at little or no cost to themselves.
Costs imposed on UBE/UCE recipients include ISP bandwidth used to
deliver UBE/UCE, additional IP infrastructure needed to handle UBE/UCE,
and time and money wasted in filtering out and deleting UBE/UCE. goldcoastwebdesign
believes that users of the Internet should not be forced to incur
such expenses without their consent.
As a result, goldcoastwebdesign believes that the elimination of UBE/UCE
will result in a better and less expensive Internet experience for
all Internet users and will allow goldcoastwebdesign to provide better
and more efficient service to its customers.